The Fractions of a Negative Thinker.


Optimism: hopefulness and confidence about the future or successful outcome of something.

Sadly, I'm a real half glass empty kind of gal. Always have been. Not sure why. I had a good upbringing. Good family, nice home in a nice neighborhood, plenty of friends, good health. Yet, I never saw the positive side of life.

Then, around the time I finished college and got married, my glass was a little more than half empty. Life changing things were happening all around me to those I loved, and there was nothing I can do for any of them. The glass was at about a quarter full.

Now as a grown woman, smart mama of 2 super kiddies, I find myself once again looking at things pessimistically. Why me? How did I wind up here? How did I let this happen? What now? I can't do it. I won't do it. I'm not as strong as people think I am. My glass is now about an eighth full.

I have some super positive people in my life, and that helps a little. I like seeing that happy, easily positive outlook. But for some reason, I just can't jump on that bandwagon. Why? I'm always sure something bad is going to happen. Everything is going to have a negative effect in some way. That glass is getting closer to a sixteenth full every day lately.

How do I fill it back up?

Comments

  1. I could tell you how to fill it back up, but then I'd have to charge you $200 an hour! Ha! Just kidding.

    All I can really say is, I love you!!! Surviving isn't always pretty, but even if you're down to a little bit of condensation on the inside of your glass, you'll still be ok.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I've been driving for 19 years!

He's not the problem, their list is.